1″ x 6″ x 6″ Incense Cedar
Incense Cedar is widely recognized for its resistance to decay. When you want a product that is superb for patterns, Incense Cedar offers the answer. At The Fence N’ Post, we carry a long lasting Incense Cedar that has proven to be the best choice for the sometimes harsh North Texas environment. It is produced from a forest tree found in California, southern Oregon and western Nevada. Under average conditions, mature trees are 20 to 30 inches in diameter and 75 to 110 feet in height. The trees can grow up to 150 feet tall and six feet in diameter. The tree is rarely found in pure stands but generally grows intermingled with Ponderosa Pine, Sugar Pine, and Douglas Fir.
Fence contractors and homeowners hail it as one of the finest fence products available. Incense-cedar has reddish brown fibrous bark and small scale-like leaves growing in flattened branches. Rarely found in pure stands, Incense-cedar is a minor component of the mixed-conifer forest, comprising less than 25% of the stand. The wood is decay resistant and has very uniform texture, and is easily milled. Incense Cedar is a very good choice when you’re in the market for unique characteristics coupled with eye-catching appeal.
Here are some reasons why Incense Cedar is the best:
- Incense Cedar is highly durable under all weather conditions and in all climates.
- Merchant Magazine found Incense Cedar outperformed Western Red in the following categories: machining, resistance in nailing, and holding ability, for nails and screws.
- Incense cedar is less combustible than Western Red- a definite benefit in many regions. (Test method ASTM E-84, according to the Western Wood Product Association Product Use Manuel)
The outstanding durability and resistance to decay of lumber from incense cedar heartwood make it ideal for exterior use where moister is present. This wood gives long service with little maintenance in such uses as privacy fencing and other outside uses. Rich color, sound knots, and aromatic fragrance makes the wood popular for interior paneling and woodwork.
- cedar back rails on a cedar pickets (we match the species of lumber)
- no through defects
- ring shank galvanized coil nails
- our panels are built upon request …so there fresh!